Where did January go? An update.

This post is a quick look at my pile of "want to finishes". 

 As you may recall I set myself the target of the 20th of January to finish as many pieces in the box before I started back on stitching that had a deadline for others. See that post here. Of course it was the school holidays and we had visitors for a week which was great fun, but it meant I didn't complete as much as I'd wished to. We went on some fabulous family excursions around our beautiful home. You can read about that here.

     So my stitching finishes and progress look like this... 

 We Three Kings - see my previous Blog post to read about this here. 

 The AC Bluebird Quaker Sampler - Sassy Jacks Stitchery. I mucked up the counting somewhere on this and had to fudge the very last large motif I did on this piece. I finished the alphabet which was stitched in eyelets and also discovered a beautiful green that I hadn't used anywhere else in the sampler but I did use on some of the alphabet because I really liked it. I wonder which motif was supposed to be stitched with it?
 This is my finished piece...

 

12 Berries of Christmas - I managed to stitch one of these berries - number 3. Three more to go and then to make up. They are still on my to be completely finished by Christmas 2020 wishlist but I'll have to see how that goes later in the year.

   

Jane Nicholas' Amethyst(My Pink) and Slate Butterflies - I have made some progress on the Amethyst Butterfly, it has been ticking along nicely. A couple more days will see this well and truly finished. It'll be a great project for Stitching in Public this month, which is a Guild week we do at a local bookshop.



Thistle Threads Whitework Course, Sampler One - Mehitable Payton. By far the piece that I spent the most time on. It is coming along beautifully. I "just" have the bottom two boxes to finish of the Reticella and it will be complete. However, it is very time consuming and I haven't been able to give her the total attention I would like to. She sits at present on my sideboard and I see her all the time 
calling to me.

   

Tanja Berlin - Wee Rabbit Thread Painting. This gorgeous wee rabbit is so close to being finished! I need to do a few more clumps of grass and the dandelion heads. Any time I can sneak I will do so with this cute wee bunny. Tanja's instructions have been fabulous and I am very happy with how she has turned out so far.

   

 Jane's Montenegrin Box Stitch Testing Sample for her class. I have made a little progress on this. I am really enjoying it. The pattern is fun to follow my biggest issue is counting correctly and choosing which thread colour to stitch each motif with. I'm not going to show you this one yet, we will be making these up later this month so I will show you it when it is completed and I am allowed to!

Other Things! As I mentioned earlier I belong to my local Embroiderers' Guild, Otago Embroiderers' Guild (OEG) and I am passionate about the Guild. This year I am one half of the team who have created and will implement the programme across our meetings. This involves organising speakers, in guild classes, videos, public stitching days and this year a theme of colour where members will learn about the Colour Wheel and designing through to stitching. We presented the Programme last week at our first meeting of the year. Each paid up member gets the little blue book which contains each month's information plus other things such as Committee Contacts etc. It's quite an intensive job to organise the programme and find people to give their time to teaching, speaking etc and then to type it up format it and get it printed. There are over One hundred members in my Guild so it can be quite daunting. Here's a photo of the finished books... 

 So, I finished two pieces completely and have made lots of progress on three or four other pieces. Here's a picture of what I have now turned my attention to...

   

 Lots of ideas and potential in those boxes. I'm Off to do the hard work now!  I hope to be able to show you the project ideas in here fully formed and stitched up as I finish them.

Comments