Plans for 2020 - well January at least!

Welcome to a new decade.  The year is full of exciting possibilities and I am keen to embrace them.

Since I live in the Southern Hemisphere it is Summer here.  Which usually means lots of trips to the beach and outside and not much stitching.  This year has already been different for me in that I have been stitching non-stop.  Our summer has been very windy and not that warm at times and I am working on "my own" stitching at the moment.

My friend and I were discussing starting Larissa Holland's Twelve Days of Christmas series as a monthly thing when she said she needed to get some finishes in first.  That led me to take stock.  I attend most classes I can and down here we get many amazing tutors.  Often I am designing and stitching for classes I teach so I don't finish as many of the classes I attend projects as I'd like to.

This has become a bit overwhelming lately, I love the projects I have started but I am running out of hoops and frames that are loaded with projects that shouldn't come out of them until they are finished.  And there is the word I am focusing on at the moment Finish.

So with that in mind I pulled together a heap of projects that I would like to finish sometime this year if possible. (I also have a pile of want to stitch projects but I'll talk about them some other time! Don't let me get distracted!)

So I gathered them up and have made a plan.

Most of my projects are somewhere around 50% stitched, some much more.
These are not all of my started projects, they are the ones I would like to finish soon.  Each one excites me. I love them.  They challenge me and scare me and I learn from them.

So for the year of finish I have a photo of what I gathered.  Some pieces need to be made up others need to be stitched and some need to come out of the naughty corner be fixed and then finished.

This photo shows the majority of what I would love to have finished this year.   There are lots of delicious projects in here but it is also quite overwhelming, so I looked at another way I could do this.

I  reorganised my projects into finish now and finish later piles and these are the current pieces that I would love to finish as many of as possible by the 20th January when my holiday ends.  There are approximately ten projects in here.


Here is a basic run down of the projects;
The framed and hooped projects;
Wild Rabbit Thread painting by Tanja Berlin was a class I attended in March 2019 Orewa, Auckland
Amethyst Butterfly by Jane Nicholas (I've made mine a pink one)
Slate Japanese Butterfly by Jane Nicholas she taught these in Dunedin & Invercargill in September 2018
Pure Bliss from Inspirations magazine and I've had the kit for years. This piece probably needs the most work to finish it.

Other Projects
Cretan Embroidery by Alison Snepp a class I attended in Sydney 2018 - a little bit to stitch and then I need to make it up.
A Stitcher's Sampler by the Primitive Hare I saw this on Pinterest and found it in a stitching shop on my trip to Sydney.  I love the saying and the bees.  (Bees are kind of one of my things).
Sassy Jack's Quaker Sampler from Sassy Jack's shop.  It has a proper name now (AC Bluebird Quaker Sampler by Sassafrass Samplers), but I did it as the SAL when it was first released.  I only have lesson ten to complete.
Whitework Sampler #1 Mehitable Payton by Tricia Nyguen Wilson of Thistle Treads.  I'm taking her online 17th Century Whitework Course.  I have to finish the bottom Reticella band and its done.
Twelve Berries of Christmas by Erica Michael's I have three of these left to stitch and then make them all up.
The tenth project is a sample piece I am working for the friend I mentioned above who started me on this Finish Up Mission and it is for a box she is teaching at Wanaka Embroidery School in March 2020.  Montenegro Decorated Box by Jane Carroll.  I've almost finished the sides, "just" the top and inside of the lid pieces to go (the largest areas!)

I have already finished The Crewel Work Company's We Three Kings which I completed on the 2nd of January.  I will talk about that project soon in its own post.

So it doesn't sound too much - does it!  I'll have to see how I do.  I'll let you know later.
Happy Stitching

Comments