Stitching progress and a couple of finishes! Yipee

 Well Easter has been and gone, the clocks have changed again back an hour as we head into Winter. The nights are drawing in and the leaves are falling.

Easter was good. I got some stitching done but not as much as I initially thought I might squeeze in. I spent some lovely quality time hanging out with my whanau (family) in the Catlins. A beautiful, wild place not far from where we live. 

           Purakaunui Bay, Catlins, NZ

             Walking into the Falls                    Purakaunui Falls - a  short drive from the Bay     

My stitching has made some progress over Easter and the days since...

I have an almost finish, I need to complete my name band and then my large English Garden band sampler is done.

I am trying to figure out what I will stitch on either side of my name. Once I have decided it will take an hour or so to complete. This has been a large stitching project that I have loved stitching.

I am very happy with my sampler and will be getting it framed in the near future. These photos are taken with the whole piece completed, as you can see I replicated the Queen stitch strawberries of Band 3 by my name.

I have also been working on the Brown Wren Etui which is a Jenny Adin-Christie design and kit that I started in a class with Jenny at Beating Around the Bush in Adelaide back in 2018. 

I have been working the bird hillock and body parts concurrently so last night I finished both. My Jenny Wren is now sitting on my sideboard proudly strutting on her mossy hillock. I have yet to load her wings with needles and glue the hillock to the base. A job for this evening.

This is a gorgeous etui. Her beak has a thread cutter in it, she carries a thimble in her back, needles in her wings and a pincushion and scissors are on the hillock she stands on.  Jenny has since released a variety of different birds and I may or may not have some more in my stash/wishlist. I am eyeing up starting my Owl now!

Before I start on my Owl I need to work on an Exhibition piece for the ANZEG (Associated New Zealand Embroiderers' Guilds) Conference in July 2024. I have about a month to stitch my piece. I have been working on the concept, designs and gathering materials for it for around a year. That is all I will say about it at the moment, hopefully I can show you it in a few months.

I am also trucking away on my Japanese embroidery I have two pieces on the go at the moment. I have classes each month with my teacher, the talented Margaret Lee. I am currently working on Phase 4 - Kara Hana which is a metal piece. Mine is in silver, I have seen this design done many times in gold.

I am also stitching Phase 5 - Cords. A lesson in angles and needle placement. I have enjoyed the three cords I have worked on so far. 





I've made a little progress on my PUB sampler. Currently I am trying to fill in the background at the top. I am enjoying trying to get one length of thread stitched each day.


26.04.2024







































Comments