It's September and I'm away - again!

Currently I am in Auckland, I am up here to teach two classes to the members of the Northern North Island area of New Zealand. 

The past two days I have taught my Reticella Pin Drum class to a lovely bunch of ladies. I have thoroughly enjoyed spending my time with them and they did an excellent job.



In a day or so I am teaching a design class on Tea Cups to another group. This should be loads of fun as I love designing and hope to be inspired by them as much as I hope I inspire their work.

I started well with the whole stitch on a focus sampler for August. I worked on my A Peacock, A Unicorn & A Badger first. I got quite a bit stitched on her as I was away and had loads of time.

Next up was my Ann Tong Uffindell sampler and I set myself a goal of finishing her border. I had 8 - 10 flowers to fill in and the wee fiddly crosses around the border to do. I managed to get them both completed - just!

The third week I focused on My English Band Sampler. I started on Band 7 and wanted to see how much I could get done. I made some excellent progress on this piece. My favourite for the week was stitching those gorgeous little caterpillars. Although I do think they should have wee googly eyes and a smile. I keep telling myself that is the back of their heads!

For the fourth week I went rogue, I changed my perimeters and decided to focus on my Japanese Hiogi piece. I really need to work on the last half a dozen elements, put in the time and get her finished. I also had a class looming with Margaret so that helped focus my attention.

I managed to get a bit done on this, no photo of my current progress as I am away again. I have decided I want to keep focusing on this piece so I have put the samplers on hold!

Apart from all of that I have been working in the shop, I usually do 1-2 days a week, but recently I did the whole week. That was pretty tiring.

I'm also madly working on my itinery, notes and kits for travels abroad. Very time consuming. But I am almost sorted. I have finalised my itinery for my own time in the UK and most things are booked (more about that later!).

So still busy, busy but I am lucky enough to be travelling around NZ and teaching people who speak my language and love stitching. Luckily for me I got to visit the Regional Exhibition of Embroidery by the Northern North Island members also. It is always a pleasure to see stitching and get inspired by it. The Exhibition is on at Estuary Arts Centre, Orewa until the 24th September. I believe there will be a write up in the next Threads magazine for those too far to travel so keep an eye out for it. 

The view from my class at Estuary Arts

I'm off to do some more notes now. Wish me speedy writing and pattern drawing, they always take loads of time!





















Comments